Operations still represent a burden on the body, however, with the daVinci surgical robot, large skin incisions may be avoided in a number of cases. The recovery process is much quicker and fewer complications arise.
It is possible to be used for benign and malignant diseases.
Applications for benign diseases:
- Removal of tumours located in the middle mediastinum, so-called mediastinal tumours (thymomas, mediastinal cysts)
- Removal of localised pleural benign tumours such as neuromas, fibroids and schwannomas
- Laparoscopic diaphragmatic plication in patients with one-sided diaphragmatic paralysis
- Surgery for bronchiectasis or lung sequestration
Malignant tumours are cancerous tumours. They can also be removed very precisely with the daVinci surgical robot – provided they are diagnosed at an early stage.
Operations of malignant diseases:
- Removal of a lung lobe (Pulmonary Lobectomy) for early stage lung cancer
- Removal of segments of the lung (Segmentectomy) in the case of small tumours